Recipe makes 4 servings; divide noodles in 4 servings. Nutrition per serving : Weight Watchers Points Plus 4 ~ Calories 169 ~ Fat 1.1 g ~ Carbs 39 g ~ Fiber 9 g ~ Protein 5 g **Add 4 points for the 3 oz Grilled Filet Mignon
These Thai inspired noodles are a quick & easy dish that settles the craving of spicy, tangy, salty & sweet with these flavorful noodles. This noodle concoction is so compelling due to the variety of ingredients: tofu noodles, veggies, herbs and fruit (mango). The cool mango brings a sweet sparkle in your mouth after eating a little heat from the sauce consisting of lemongrass, ginger & Sriracha. For those of you have been reluctant to try Shirataki noodles, this is a perfect dish for it. These tofu noodles take in all the flavor of the sauce and you will not believe that its not a “real” noodle. Trust me; my hubby didn’t even know the difference The portion size is huge and still low in WW points plus, Calories & Fat. I serve with a 3 oz Fillet Mignon for a hearty meal…With the steak its only a 8 point meal!! **Don’t like steak? Substitute chicken or if you are vegetarian/vegan substitute with mushrooms.
Recipe makes 4 servings; divide noodles in 4 servings. Nutrition per serving : Weight Watchers Points Plus 4 ~ Calories 169 ~ Fat 1.1 g ~ Carbs 39 g ~ Fiber 9 g ~ Protein 5 g
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 tbsp of tamarind paste/extract
- 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- 2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp of lemongrass
- 5 tbsp of Agave Nectar
- 1 tbsp Siriacha
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger root minced
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- *******Sitr Fry*******
- 1 cup Broccoli Slaw
- 2 cups classic Cole slaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 medium sized scallions (cut lengthwise in 2 inch strips)
- 1/2 green pepper (cut up in chunks)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut up in chunks)
- 1 med. green zucchini (Cut in thin strips)
- 1 med. yellow squash (Cut in thin strips)
- 2 pkgs Shirataki noodles (tofu noodles)
- 1/2 mango cubed.
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- Mix all ingredients of the sauce together and set aside.
- Wash Noodles well and pat dry with kitchen towel (this will decrease the “authentic” tofu flavor)
- Spray Wok with cooking spray & add all veggies. Stir fry veggies over medium heat for approx 5 -7 min so that veggies are tender but firm. Stir in noodles and combine with veggies. Quickly whisk sauce mixture and add to wok. Combine all wok ingredients and continue to cook until heated through (2-3min) Toss in mangos & cilantro. Serve immediately.
- ***Tip: you can cut up all veggies, and make the sauce a few days in advance for a quick weeknight meal.
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com