Weight Watchers Points + 4 ~ Calories 144 ~ Fat 7.4 g ~ Carbs 5.1 g ~ Fiber 1.6 g ~ Protein 17 g
This smokey & flavorful Spanish style stew is very comforting when its really cold out. Its a quick and easy one pot dish that can be made for dinner even on your busiest day. I chop all the veggies ahead of time and store in baggies in the fridge, for an even easier weekday meal. Serve over some hot and steamy rice. If you like heat; add some Cholula hot sauce. Avocado pieces make a creamy garnish that pairs well with this meal.
Saucy & Filled with Flavor!
6 Servings; 1 thigh per serving with stew gravy. Nutrition: Weight Watchers Points + 4 ~ Calories 144 ~ Fat 7.4 g ~ Carbs 5.1 g ~ Fiber 1.6 g ~ Protein 17 g
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 bunch of scallions chopped (approx 8 stalks)
- 4 garlic cloves chopped (I use my garlic press)
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 2 small or 1 large red bell peppper chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 14.5 oz can dice tomatoes no salt added (I use Glen Muir)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 packet of Sazon (I use Goya)
- 1 packet of Chicken Bouillon (I use Goya)
- In a large & deep pan with lid add EVOO, garlic and scallions over medium heat and sautee for 1 minute. Add bell peppers, can of diced tomatoes, seasonings and continue to sautee until bubbly (about 3-5 min). Add chicken, water & cilantro and bring to boil. Cover & bring heat to low, cook for 25 minutes. Serve over hot & steamy rice.
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com