These little potatoes are boiled, smashed, seasoned and then roasted in the oven for a creamy texture with some crunch. So, imagine eating a crispy and creamy mashed potatoes…..and that is exactly what it actually tastes like. This is another side dish that I picked up from Rachael Ray a long time back. I’ve tried this recipe with all different potatoes, and the blue ones are my favorite but very hard to find in the summer. This side dish is versatile and tasty. Once you start popping them in your mouth, it will be hard to stop! ENJOY!!
Smashed & Roasted Potatoes
Nutrition: serving size 1 potato: Weight Watchers 1+ points
- 15 baby gold potatoes
- non stick butter cooking spray
- 1.5 tsp steak seasoning
- Wash potatoes and then place in cold water & boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes until fork tender
- drain and place on cookie sheet. Smash the potatoes one at a time with the bottom of a coffee mug.
- Sprinkle the steak seasoning over the smashed potatoes
- Cook 500 degrees for 20 minutes, until tops are browned and crisp.
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com