Skinny Chicken Parmesan is the way to go for a figure friendly & family friendly meal. Serve this with salad or veggies for a complete meal. By using a mixture of panko & breadcrumbs you will get a crunchy coating when baking…so, no frying is needed This meal is a great “prep-ahead” meal that can be warmed later in the week. I used homemade marinara sauce. ENJOY!!
This is what it looks like prior to baking
If you are not eating this the day you cook it…then here is what you do…….. Once you sprinkle on your cheese; cover and place in the fridge for up to 5 days. The day that you want to serve it. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees; cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes then remove the foil and cook for additional 15 minutes.
**tip** spray your foil with non stick spray prior to placing it over the container so you don’t lose any of that yummy cheese!!
Makes 6 servings. Nutrition per chicken breast. Weight Watchers Points + 7 ~ Calories 305.3 ~ Fat 7.3 g ~ Carbs 36.6 g ~ Fiber 4.2 g ~ Protein 22.9 g
- 6 chicken breast (I used perdue perfect portions)
- 1 egg & 1 Tbsp skim milk (whisk together for egg wash)
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Panko
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 3 cups of Marinara Sauce (I used homemade; you can use jarred sauce)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp grill seasoning
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees.
- Prepare a non-stick cookie sheet with Olive Oil Spray, set aside.
- Set up a “standard breading station” 1) container with Flour 2) container with Egg Wash 3)Breadcrumbs & Panko & grill seasoning
- Place a chicken breast in the flour, then in egg wash, then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place breaded chicken onto prepared cookie sheet and repeat with all chicken breast.
- Cook Breaded Chicken for 25 minutes.
- Once the chicken cutlets are cooked….Prepare a 3 qt rectangular oven safe “container” (I used Pyrex for easy storage) with Olive Oil Spray and then spread 1 cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of the container.
- Place cooked chicken cutlets on top of the marinara sauce
- Add 2 cup of Marinara sauce to the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered; until the cheese is browned and melted.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese & Serve.
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com