8 Servings of 1/4 cup of shrimp filing. Weight Watchers Points + 2 ~ Calories 82.3 ~ Fat 1.2 g ~ Carbs 11.2 g ~ Fiber 2.0 g ~ Protein 7.6 g *** Entire TACO 5 points!
Shrimp & Mango Tacos were inspired by my hubby. I needed some inspiration to be creative with dinner and while texting my husband back & forth, I asked him to give me inspiration. He said “make something with mangos and jalapenos” So, this is what I came up with & it was delish! Mexican Food is really yummy but making it “figure friendly” is always a challenge. The nutrition below is for the Shrimp & Mango mixture only. I ONLY use La Tortilla factory low carb/high fiber tortillas since they are WW 1 pp+ . I do realize that they are difficult to find….so this is why I only calculated the shrimp mixture. My entire taco was 5 points, and I only ate one because it was so filling. The leftovers tasted even better because all the flavors married together. We had the leftovers about 3 days later and I added rainbow salad mixture to my taco for a little crunch. Try out my easy homemade guacamole recipe to top off your taco! ENJOY!
8 Servings of 1/4 cup of shrimp filing. Weight Watchers Points + 2 ~ Calories 82.3 ~ Fat 1.2 g ~ Carbs 11.2 g ~ Fiber 2.0 g ~ Protein 7.6 g
- 1/2 lb of peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1/2 sweet onion; sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves;sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper; diced
- 1/4 red pepper; diced
- 1/4 green pepper; diced
- 1 mango cubed
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 lime; juiced
- 1/2 cup canned corn; drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup black beans; drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO )
- 1 tsp grill seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smokey paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place a wok on the stove over medium/high heat & add 1 tsp EVOO.
- Add onions & garlic; saute onions and garlic until they start to brown.
- Add shrimp and saute for 2 minutes then add veggies, black beans & seasonings
- Cook for approx 5-7 minutes until shrimp turns pink & curls.
- Turn off stove.
- Add juice of one lime & cilantro, tossing everything together then move to serving bowl
- Heat Tortilla’s (1pt each); 2 tbsp of shredded reduced fat Mexican Cheese(1 pt) and 2 Tbsp Guacamole (1 pt)
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com