A perfect Kickoff appetizer for when you are watching the game tomorrow……. No need to order pizza when you can have a savory & meaty “figure friendly” deep dish all to yourself. These rustic mini deep dish pizzas will look great on your Kickoff table while watching the Superbowl!! **if you would like to lower the points on this dish; just saute some of your favorite veggies and replace it for the sausage & pepperoni!! Enjoy!!
Makes 8 servings. Nutrition for 1 mini pizza: Weight Watchers Points + 5 ~ Calories 189 ~ Carbs 27 g ~ Fiber 5 g ~ Fat 6 g ~ Protein 11 g
- 1 pkg of store bought Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Sausage Links; sweet; casings removed and browned/cooked
- 1 oz sliced Turkey Pepperoni; chopped (17 slices)
- 1/2 Pineapple spear; chopped
- 1/2 cup of pasta sauce (I used Glen Muir chunky tomato)
- 1/2 cup of shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Butter Flavor Cooking Spray
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees. Prepare 8 muffin tins with cooking spray. Combine cooked sausage, pepperoni & pineapple in a small bowl; set aside. Divide dough in 8 pieces and place in a tortilla maker and press to make small “pizzette” (or roll with rolling pin) Place pizzette into muffin tin & press down the bottom and sides; now fill muffin tin with a handful of sausage/pepperoni/Pineapple mixture. Add 1 tbsp of sauce on top and then 1 tbsp of cheese on top. (Perfom the above 7 more times) Garnish each muffin with Italian Seasoning and Garlic powder to taste. Cook for 15 minutes. Serve with pasta sauce for dipping.