Makes 5 servings of 2 cups . Nutrition: Weight Watchers Points + 7 ~ Calories 282.9 ~ Fat 10.3 g ~ Carbs 34.9 g ~ Fiber 7.2 g ~ Protein 12.9 g
Sausage & Kale Lasagna soup is flavorful and healthy. The nutrition for this dish is for a serving size of 2 cups (huge portion for little calories/points) !! If you have some calories/points to spare…..dollop the optional cheese mix on top of your bowl of soup for an extra creamy true lasagna taste. If you are making this ahead of time….. Once the soup is complete; cool & store in the fridge for later in the week. The day that you want to serve: Heat soup mixture in microwave while you are boiling the pasta. Once both are complete…serve with cheese on top. Leftovers taste great and are perfect to take to work. ENJOY!!
***Optional*** Not included in Nutrition***
Mix the following ingredients in small bowl and dollop onto your soup for more of a “lasagna” taste
1/4 cup part skim ricotta
2 tbsp parmesean
1 tbsp parsley
Sausage & Kale Lasagna Soup
Makes 5 servings of 2 cups of soup. Nutrition: Weight Watchers Points + 7 ~ Calories 282.9 ~ Fat 10.3 g ~ Carbs 34.9 g ~ Fiber 7.2 g ~ Protein 12.9 g
- 3 Sweet Italian Sausage links
- 1 med onion; chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO
- 2 cups chopped red/green bell pepper (half of each)
- 1 10 oz box of defrosted frozen Kale
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta
- Part skim mozzarella 1 tbsp (.5 oz)
- In a large stock pot over medium heat add: EVOO, onion, garlic, sausage and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add all the remainder of the ingredients except pasta
- Bring to boil, reduce heat & cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package to “al dente”
- Once cooked; add pasta to soup.
- Serve with 1 Tbsp of shredded mozarella per cup.
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com