An elegant looking pasta salad that you can whip up in no-time. This pasta salad is super Quick and Easy…..A light & Healthy family-friendly meal perfect for lunch or a side dish. Although Orzo is a pasta it is never heavy, my family loves this light little pasta salad. This dish can be served at room temperature or can be eaten cold, making it perfect for all those Summer BBQ’s. The perfect way to use all those extra veggies that we have laying around. Substitute any veggies that you have. ENJOY!!
Make it a Meal: Saute some Shrimp & serve with my Churrasco Steak Recipe ...click here
Orzo Salad with Summer Vegetables
Makes 7 servings of 1/2 cup each. Nutrition per serving: Weight Watchers Points + 4 ~ Calories 151.0 ~ Fat 3.7 g ~ Carbs 23.5 g ~ Fiber 2.4 g ~ Protein 5.8 g
- 1 cup uncooked Orzo
- 1/2 Zucchini, diced
- 1/2 Summer Squash; diced
- 1/2 Asian Eggplant; diced
- 4 small Campari Tomatoes
- 1 handful of basil, cut chiffon style
- 1 small red onion; diced
- 1 garlic clove; minced (I used my garlic press)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp Mediterranean spiced sea salt (McCormick)
- 3 oz (approx 1/2 bag) of baby spinach; chopped
- 2 oz Fresh Mozzarella; diced
- 2 tbsp lite red wine vinegar dressing
- **Optional- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes**
- Cook Orzo according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a wok over high heat; add the EVOO, onions, garlic and saute until tender.
- Add Zucchini, Squash, Eggplant and Mediterranean seasoning; saute until tender (2-3 min)
- Add Warm/Hot Cooked Orzo, then Tomatoes,Spinach, Basil, Mozzarella and turn off stove.
- Add the red wine dressing and toss to combine. **Add Crushed Red Pepper Flakes**
- Serve at room temperature or Store in Fridge & Serve Cold.
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com