These healthy meatballs are moist and flavorful. Who knew “healthy” could be great tasting too! Hide them in some sauce for your kids, they won’t complain about the veggies 🙂
Nutrition for 1 Meatball
Weight Watchers Points + 1 ~ Calories 49~ Fat 2.1 g ~ Cholestrol 11 mg ~ Carbs 2.5 g ~ Fiber .3 g ~ Protein 5.3 grams
- 1 lb 93% ground beef
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1/2 Jar of Fire Roasted Red Pepper (about 1/2 large pepper)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup of Parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup of Basil (chopped)
- 10 oz. box of chopped frozen spinach (drained and squeezed dry)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbs Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbs Grill Seasoning (Steak Seasoning)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a food processor chop onions, red pepper and garlic until small pieces (do not puree) then transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add parsley, breadcrumbs, basil, spinach, parmesan cheese, Italian and grill seasoning, mix all ingredients until well distributed. Add beef by crumbling into mixing bowl and egg, mix well.
- Coat a non-stick backing tray with Olive Oil Spray, shape balls into 1-1.5 inch balls (I use a small ice cream scoop to get a consistent size of the meatballs) and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes., Makes about 22 Meatballs
- Eat them by themselves OR add to your favorite sauce or soup.