I am obsessed with potato chips and eat them all the time. My favorite are Masala Chips from India and luckily for me (unlucky for my thighs) I can get them from my Indian Grocery Store. So, I tried to use the same flavor of ingredients as in my Kale Chips. The end result was delicious. If you like a salty chip you may have to add more salt at the end of baking, I sure did! If you think your child will not even look at Kale Chips…You will be surprised……My son couldn’t & wouldn’t wait until I took picture for this blog entry. Encourage your child to try different veggie chips, they may like them.
Nutrition for the ENTIRE RECIPE: Weight Watchers Points + 4 ~ Calories 161.1~ Fat 6.2 g ~ Carbs 25.6 g ~ Fiber 8.2 g ~ Protein 7.8 g
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with a baking rack on top
- Combine the “masala” above and set aside
- Remove the center ribs and stems from 1 bunch kale tearing the leaves into 3 inch pieces.
- Toss with the “masala”; using your hands to evenly get the masala to coat the kale
- Spread the kale between the 2 baking sheets
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until edges are crispy and appear brown
- Cool Completely for crispiness; Enjoy!!
- **add more salt as you need it while its hot out of the oven.
Sheena’s Culinary Tuesdays www.culinarytuesdays.com