Craving some Mexican for breakfast? So was I when I created these Huevos Rancheros Cups for breakfast. This dish is perfect for Sunday brunch. All the flavors compliment each other and reminded me of our vacation at the Riviera Maya…. Making them in the muffin tins ensure perfect portion control. Leftovers can be easily warmed in the microwave for a quick grab & go breakfast. A dish that looks fancy, but is super simple to put together.
Makes 6 Huevos Rancheros Cups. Nutrition per cup: Weight Watchers Points + 4 ~ Calories 163.4 ~ Fat 8.9 g ~ Carbohydrate 8.9 g ~ Fiber 4.5 g ~ Protein 13.7 g
- 1.5 Tortilla’s (quartered) I used Low Carb Tortilla’s from La Tortilla Factory
- 6 slices of bacon; cooked (center cut uncured)
- 6 Tbsp black beans; canned (drained & rinsed)
- 6 Tbsp Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese
- 6 Tbsp Salsa; (I used medium spicy)
- 6 Large Eggs
- Cooking Spray
- Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray each compartment with cooking spray
- Place quartered tortillas in a muffin pan (look at pic below for technique)
- Spray the top of the tortillas with cooking spray & place in oven for 4 minutes
- Remove muffin pan and crumble 1 slice of bacon and place along the edge of muffin tin that is not covered with tortilla (refer to pic) then top with 1 Tbsp black beans, 1 Tbsp cheese, 1 Tbsp Salsa.
- Repeat for all 6 muffin compartments.
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Remove muffin pan and pat down the mixture of each muffn tin; add 1 egg to each compartment.
- Decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees, place eggs in oven for additional 8-12 minutes (depending on how soft you like your yolk) I cooked for 11 minutes
- Serve Hot & Steamy! Enjoy!!