Tuna Salad is so healthy & versatile, you can eat as a sandwich, or a wrap. How about on top of a big healthy salad; or crackers. My low point alternative is to fill inside of celery sticks, endive or make fresh lettuce/spinach cups for a delicious lunch to go! Sprinkle a little Italian seasoning and cracked fresh black pepper on top for increased flavor. Make it on a Sunday and enjoy at work for the next few days.
Nutrition per 1/4 cup serving. Weight Watchers points + 2 ~ Calories 75 ~ Fat 2.6 g ~ Carbs 3.9 g ~ Fiber 1.3 g ~ protein 10 g
- 12 oz can of light tuna in water
- 3/4 cup of broccoli coleslaw , I get a prepared 12 oz bag from grocers (chop in food processor)
- 1/4 cup of red onion (chop in food processor)
- 1 celery stalk (chop in food processor)
- 1/2 cup of English cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 4 Tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning mix (use those leftovers from Thanksgiving!)
- slice of lemon
- black pepper (to taste)
- Combine all above ingredients into a large bowl.
- Serving size 1/4 cup makes 6 servings. Squeeze fresh lemon on top for a burst of flavor.
- Enjoy it with Belgium endive; one Tbsp on each spear! 4 spears is one serving. I enjoy it with spicy jalapeno cheese slices and whole grain crisp bread.