Broccoli Rabe Lasagna Rolls with Sausage & Pepper Sauce
**I know; I know…..too much information!** However; I am a health care professional 😉
Take your leftovers to work the next day or eat later in the week when you have no time to make dinner. Serve with a side salad or veggies.
Makes 14 Lasagna Rolls. Nutrition for 1 Lasagna Roll : Weight Watchers Points + 8 ~ Calories 321 ~ Fat 13 g ~ Carbs 30 g ~ Fiber 5.3 ~ Protein 21 g
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 5 Pork & Chicken Sausage; remove from casings (Johnsonville, mild Italian 1.10 lbs)
- 2 jars of Sauce ( I prefer Glen Muir; Italian Herb)
- Lasagna Filling:
- 1 15oz container of Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 8oz bag of Shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup of chopped Parsley
- 5 leaves of Basil (chopped)
- 1 lb bag of frozen broccoli rabe (thaw and squeeze dry)
- 4 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 14 (10.5 oz) noodles from Bionaturae Organic 100% Whole Wheat Lasagne noodles (prepared to “al-dente”)
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup of Reduced Fat Italian Cheese ( I used Sargento; but you can substitute part-skim Mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a large baking dish (9×13) with cooking spray.
- In a large saute pan over medium/high heat; stir fry the sausage, garlic, onion & bell pepper until brown. (approximately 5-7 minutes) Add the 2 jars of sauce and bring to boil. Take off stove & add 2 cups of sauce mixture to bottom of baking dish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl; add all the filling ingredients and combine well.
- Take a boiled noodle and lay flat on preparing surface (I use a square plate). With a small ice cream scoop add 2 scoops of filling to one end of the lasagna noodle and begin to roll. Add to baking dish. Do this with all 14 noodles. (2 lines of 7 noodles should fit in baking dish)
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over noodles and garnish the top with the Parmesan & Italian cheese.
- ***At this point you may cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days***
- Bake uncovered for 45 min to 1 hour
- ***if you are taking it out of the fridge cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes; then remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 15-25 minutes***